Academy of Improvising Strings 2020 Covid-19 Protocol
Here they are, translated and applied to the Academy:
Arrival, reception, hallways
– Arrivals are welcome from 14:30 on Friday. They will be met outside, where they will be given their room keys, T-shirt etc and asked if they are well and have read this protocol.
– In the hallways and reception area, we allow a maximum of 2 people at a time. This means that we chat elsewhere: in the workshop rooms, in the café area and even better, outside.
– The schedule will be online on www.improvisingstrings.com. Please use this as your main reference. There will be signup lists for the private lessons on the notice board at the reception; for these, one person can sign up at a time. If there are more than two people waiting for this, please sign up later.
– You will be using the same chair in all instrument workshops, in a fixed workshop room. All chairs with names will be set when you arrive, 1,5 meters apart. If we agree to switch you to a different level after the first (Friday) workshop, then you take your chair with you.
– Unpack your instrument near your chair and leave it there, or take it back to your room. You can leave your coat etc. on your chair too.
– You do not share your instrument with others.
– We do not share stands, electronic devices, pens etc.
The table setting in the restaurant has been adapted to social distancing.
The jam sessions are an integral part of the Academy. This year they will be planned and in fixed rooms, to enable us to meet the protocol. Where possible, we use our own chairs. Players need to be 1,5 meters apart.
– Bring a face mask (if you’re using public transport, that’s compulsory on your whole journey) and some sanitizer gel
– We keep 1,5 mtrs distance to each other at all times when not playing
– We do not shake hands
– Wash your hands frequently with water and soap
– Cough and sneeze into your elbow
– Use a paper handkerchief to blow your nose, then throw it away and wash your hands
This protocol follows the current guidelines on Covid-19 by the Dutch Government. If relevant changes happen, the protocol will be updated.
– Covid-19 syptoms are: nose cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, coughing, sudden loss of taste or smell, a temperature, fever and trouble breathing.
– If you are displaying any of these symptoms, please get in touch with one of the tutors personally or phone +31-614267827 asap to discuss measures. If there is doubt about a possible Covid-19 infection you will be asked to leave the Academy to get tested. The results take 48 hours to come through so we will assess the situation together and decide what measures are best.
– In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 112.
– We all benefit from being as healthy as we can in this situation. The Dutch government advises you to exercise 30 minutes a day, eat fruit and vegetables, drink enough water, stop smoking … and especially limit the intake of alcohol.
Thank you for your co-operation. By following these rules everyone can be guaranteed a safe environment without losing the great enjoyment that improvised music brings!